About the tour: Aconcagua ascent program for 12 days is a shortened version of the classic Aconcagua ascent program. Acclimatization in this program has a much tighter schedule, so the mountain forgives you much less mistakes in tactics and physical preparation. Do not forget about the medical supervision at the base camp, where the doctor is required to check acclimatization degree of members and allows them to go to the mountain or doesn’t allow. Of course, it is possible to abandon the national park responsibility, but in this case you lose the free rangers help in case of emergency. It can be added that, for obvious reasons, this program remains the most popular among all companies conducting Aconcagua ascent. The percentage of climbs is lower than in the three-week program.
Program of guided Aconcagua ascent by the classical route (12 days).
- Day 1. Arrival in Mendoza. Important! On Saturdays office issuing permits is opened only until noon! Obtaining the permit to Aconcagua. Transfer to Penitentes (2700m). Sending the main cargo mules to Base Camp. Hotel.
- Day 2. Transfer to the entrance of the National Park (Laguna Horcones) and proceed to the Confluence (3300m, 2-3 hours). Camp. After lunch, a light acclimatization walk.
- Day 3. Early acclimatization walk to Plaza de Francia (4200m), with views of the South Face (2700 meters high). 4-5 hours. Return to the camp.
- Day 4. Long hike (8-9 hours) to the main base camp – Plaza de Mulas (4350m). The path runs along the wide valley of Playa Ancha. Camp.
- Day 5. Ascent from Plaza de Mulas to Camp-2 (Nido de Condores, 5400m), Descent to Plaza de Mulas (4350m), rest.
- Day 6. Rest day
- Day 7. Climb from Plaza de Mulas (4350m) to Nido de Condores (5400m)
- Day 8. Climb from Nido de Condores (5600m) to Camp 3 (Cholera, 6000m).
- Day 9. Aconcagua summit ascent (6957m), descent to Camp 3 (6000m).
- Day 10. Reserve day in case of bad weather
- Day 11. Descent to Plaza de Mulas Base Camp. Trek from the Base Camp to the Laguna de Horcones. Transfer to Mendoza. Farewell dinner.
- Day 12. Departure.
The cost of Aconcagua ascent includes:
- Russian-speaking guide throughout the whole program
- Mountain guides. One per 3-4 people in the day of ascent
- Transfer airport-hotel-airport
- Hotel in Mendoza, 1 night. Double room + breakfast
- Assistance in obtaining necessary permits
- Transfer Mendoza-Puento del Inca-Mendoza
- Hotel in Puento del Inka + breakfast
- Mules for equipment and food from Puente del Inca (Los Puquios) to Plaza de Mulas and back. The personal baggage maximum of 20kg.
- Two nights in Confluence with full board
- The base camp at Plaza de Mulas (5 nights)
- The food and fuel for the upper camps
- First-aid kit
The cost of Aconcagua ascent doesn’t include:
- International flights
- Climbing permit
- Personal equipment
- Additional costs associated with deviation from the program
- Health insurance and expenses relating to evacuation in case of accident
- Personal expenses (drinks, internet, telephone calls, etc.)
Dates of tour: