Murchison Falls is Uganda's largest national park and a favorite destination for short holidays like a long weekend. The park is very rich in wildlife, with the famous River Nile, one of the world's longest rivers flowing through. In this exciting safari, you will do a game safari in the early morning (watch out for the BIG5), a boat cruise in the afternoon (look out for the variety of wildlife by the river banks), and this will be topped up with a short hike to view the world's most powerful waterfall of Murchison. If you are an avid birdwatcher, you will not be disappointed as the park is home to over 451 bird species. This park, like the rest of Uganda boasts of beautiful sceneries, so you just have your camera ready, anytime is photo time!
Day by Day Itinerary
Day 1: Transfer to Murchison Falls + Ziwa Rhino Tracking
Today, our guide will pick you from your lodge in either Entebbe or Kampala, for transfer to Murchison Falls National Park. Optional activity - On foot rhino tracking at Ziwa Rhino sanctuary. After the rhino trek proceed to Murchison Falls National Park and check in at lodge for dinner and over night.
Day 2: Game Drive, Top of Waterfall Views
Early morning game drive, for 3 hours starting at 6.30AM in the Northern section of the national park. Animals like Elephants, warthogs, giraffes, buffaloes, antelopes like oribi, hartebeest, kobs and keep your fingers crossed for the elusive leopard and lion. Lunch by the River Nile - breathtaking views quite relaxing! At 2:00PM, drive to view the top of the Murchison Falls, the waterfalls that the park is named after. Later, transfer to lodge for an evening sundowner by River Nile
Day 3: Delta Boat Cruise, transfer back
At 7:00AM, you will head out on a boat cruise to the delta point (where the Victoria Nile enters Lake Albert). Highlights here include stunning birdlife including the rare shoebill, spot the fishing activities by the locals. This will take you about 3 - 4 hours. Guide will meet you at the landing point and then begin your journey back to Kampala or Entebbe depending on your schedule
- Private transportation
- 4x4 Safari Vehicle with gas and driver/guide.
- 2 nights’ Accommodation at lodge by Murchison Falls National Park
- Meals plan (Breakfast, lunch, Dinner) mentioned on itinerary.
- 1 Game drive.
- 1 Boat cruise to delta along Nile.
- 1 Walk to Top of falls
- Park Entries
- Tips to drivers/guide & hotel staff
- Items of personal Nature.
- Other optimal activities
- A complimentary 1 litre of water is available on each day of the trip.
- Our 4WD safari vehicles (mini vans and Landcruiser) are well customized with large window seats and pop up roofs to maximize wildlife viewing.
- Accommodation is in comfortable mid-range lodges, with en-suite rooms, showers with hot water. Luxury options available on request.